Last updated: February 2018
Time Recruitment Services Ltd is an independent recruitment company who specialise in the recruitment of both temporary and permanent office personnel. Time Recruitment Services Ltd is a company registered in Scotland, Registered No SC206662.
We take data protection very seriously and understand the importance of protecting your privacy and Personal Information. ‘Personal Information’ is information that identifies you as an individual such as your name, date of birth, email address, CV and IP address.
We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website, by email or through our office is used only for the purposes set out in this policy.
How do we collect information from you?
The majority of the Personal Information you provide to us freely when you give us your CV, application letter and/or completed registration form.
Please do not submit such Personal Information to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
Personal Information we collect about you may include the following
- General identification and contact information: your name, address, email, telephone details, gender, marital status, date of birth, nationality.
- Other sensitive information: racial or ethnic origin, disability, or criminal record.
- Information enabling us to provide recruitment services: location, whether or not you hold a driving licence.
- Publicly available information in relation to professional history: educational background, employment history, skills and experience, professional licenses and affiliations, educational and professional qualifications.
What legal basis do we rely on to process your Personal Information?
Time Recruitment Services Ltd processes your data with your consent. For example, we rely on consent when you register with Time Recruitment Services Ltd or when you send us your CV. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
- The processing is necessary to fulfil a contract
Time Recruitment Services Ltd may process your data when we need to do this to fulfil a contract with you, including sending your CV, with your permission, to a client for a specific job application.
- Legitimate interest
Time Recruitment Services Ltd also processes your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.Our legitimate interests include:
- Ensuring the security and integrity of our Services and in ensuring that our Website operates effectively.
- Providing and supplying services to our clients and candidates.
- Protecting candidates, clients, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare.
- Sending communications on potential positions which are relevant and tailored to individual candidates.
- Handling candidate and client contacts, queries, complaints or disputes.
- Fulfilling our duties to our candidates, clients, colleagues and other stakeholders.
- The processing is necessary because of a legal obligation that applies
Time Recruitment Services Ltd may process your data to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, e.g. preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies.
Who do we share your Personal Information with?
Time Recruitment Services Ltd may make Personal Information available to:
- Our clients
In the course of our business to help you search for a suitable position, Time Recruitment Services Ltd may make Personal Information available to potential employers.
- Our service providers
This includes external third-party service providers, such as accountants, payroll providers, auditors, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; IT systems, support and hosting service providers; document and records management providers; technical engineers; data storage and cloud providers and similar third-party vendors and outsourced service providers that assist us in carrying out business activities.
- Governmental authorities and third parties involved in court action
Time Recruitment Services Ltd may share Personal Information with governmental or other public authorities (including, but not limited to, workers’ compensation boards, courts, law enforcement, tax authorities and criminal investigation agencies); and third-party civil legal process participants and their accountants, auditors, lawyers and other advisors and representatives as we believe to be necessary or appropriate to:
(a) comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence,
(b) comply with legal process,
(c) respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence,
(d) enforce our terms and conditions,
(e) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and that of you or others, and
(f) allow us to pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
- Other third parties
Occasionally we may share Personal Information with other third parties. We will always do this under contract and in accordance with your instructions.
How we use your Personal Information
Time Recruitment Services Ltd may use your Personal Information as follows:
- To provide our recruitment services to you.
- To maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate.
- To enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific jobs or to receive information about potential positions.
- To match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is suitable for you and to submit your CV (with your permission) to clients in order to apply for jobs.
- To answer your enquiries.
- To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients.
- To trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as reference, qualification and criminal reference checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills tests. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Time Recruitment Services Ltd.
- To third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, research and mailing houses and function coordinators. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Time Recruitment Services Ltd.
- We may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so. We will also disclose your information where we are permitted and requested to do so by law.
- We may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above.
- Our website may also use a website recording service which can record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. Data collected by this service is used to improve our website usability. The information collected is stored and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting, and is not shared with anybody else.
Under UK Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 and any subsequent privacy legislation which may apply, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you:
- The right to be informed how your personal data will be stored and used.
- The right to access your personal data.
- The right to rectification. You have the right to have personal data modified or updated if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erase. You may request that all your data is deleted together with that held by third party suppliers. To permanently delete your personal data, send an email to our Data Protection Officer (DPO) (see below) with the subject line “Permanently delete my information and account”.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to block or suppress processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability, which allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. It allows you to move, copy or transfer your personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability.
- The right to object to processing of your data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling); processing for direct marketing purposes; and processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling, ie to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling.
How long we store your Personal Information for
Time Recruitment Services Ltd will keep your data for the soonest of:
- One year from the date of permanent placement or final temporary placement;
- You request that all your data is deleted.
Who to contact about your Personal Information
The Data Controller responsible for your information is Time Recruitment Services Ltd.
If you have any questions about this policy or our use of your Personal Information you can email our Data Protection Officer or write to the Data Protection Officer, Time Recruitment Services Ltd, 10 Castle Terrace, Edinburgh EH1 2DP.
If you do not think we are handling your Personal Information adequately, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, are available at https://ico.org.uk.
The Site is operated by Time Recruitment Services Ltd. Time Recruitment Services Ltd is registered in Scotland. Registered number: SC206662. Registered address: 1 Rutland Square, Edinburgh, EH1 2AS.