Time Recruitment Services Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all employees, workers and applicants and shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. Time Recruitment Services Ltd will treat everyone equally irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, part-time, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, race, ethnic or national origin, religion, or political beliefs and places an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with this policy. Time Recruitment Services Limited is committed to providing training for all its staff in equal opportunities practice.
Time Recruitment Services Ltd shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidate/temporary worker is submitted for a vacancy or assignment. All candidates will be treated equally with regards to;
Recruitment and selection
- Determining pay
- Training and development
- Selection and promotion
- Discipline and grievance
- Countering bullying and harassment
Time Recruitment Services Ltd will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with the candidate’s merits, qualification and ability to perform the relevant duties required by the particular vacancy.
Time Recruitment Services Ltd will not accept instructions from clients that indicate an intention to discriminate unlawfully.
Time Recruitment Services Ltd work within the guidelines of The Equality Act 2010 in which it makes it unlawful for an employer to discriminate against employees because of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.
We recognise that there are four types of race discrimination.
- Direct discrimination: treating someone less favourably because of their actual or perceived race, or because of the race of someone with whom they associate. An example of this could be refusing to employ someone solely because they are a particular race
- Indirect discrimination: can occur where there is a policy, practice or procedure which applies to all workers, but particularly disadvantages people of a particular race. An example could be a requirement for all job applicants to have GCSE Maths and English: people educated in countries which don’t have GCSEs would be discriminated against if equivalent qualifications were not accepted
- Harassment: when unwanted conduct related to race has the purpose or effect of violating an individual’s dignity or creating an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment for that individual
- Victimisation: unfair treatment of an employee who has made or supported a complaint about racial discrimination
Gender (Sex) Discrimination
Time Recruitment Services Ltd recognise that Gender (Sex) Discrimination as a situation in which someone is treated less well because of their sex.
The recruitment process will be based on merit and skills relevant to any contract and payment will be based only on this. The Agency will not recruit based on gender stereotyping or social roles based on gender.
Time Recruitment Services Ltd will not discriminate against a disabled job applicant or employee on the grounds of disability. Time Recruitment Services Ltd will accordingly make career opportunities available to all people with disabilities and every practical effort will be made to provide for the needs of staff, candidates and clients.
Wherever possible Time Recruitment Services Ltd will make reasonable adjustments to the application process and facilitate working conditions where possible to ensure that staff and candidates are provided with an equal opportunity of securing work.
Time Recruitment Services Ltd will not treat any person in any detrimental way (i.e. refusal of training, reduction in pay, demotion, transfer of any form of harassment).
Time Recruitment Services Ltd will encourage clients not to include any age criteria or other subjective criteria in job specifications and every attempt will be made to persuade clients to recruit on the basis of competence and skill and not age.
Time Recruitment Services Ltd is committed to recruiting and retaining employees whose skills, experience, and attitude are appropriate to the requirements of the various positions regardless of age. All payments made to staff will only reflect the duties undertaken.
Time Recruitment Services Ltd will not discriminate on the basis of a candidate’s sexual orientation as defined by;
- Persons of the same sex (lesbians and gay men)
- Persons of the opposite sex (heterosexual)
- Persons of same of opposite sex (bisexual)
- Candidates undergoing or proposing to undergo gender reassignment will likewise be treated in a fair and equal way
We encourage any person who feels that they have been a victim or know of any colleague who may have been a victim of and form of Discrimination, to bring this to the attention of the Directors of Time Recruitment Services Ltd who will make every effort to resolve any issue or progress appropriately with the correct authorities.
Time Recruitment Services Limited is committed to the adoption of environmentally responsible policies and practices. Our company has identified that its business does not produce emissions covered by environmental protection legislation.
Time Recruitment strive continuously to improve programmes and our company focuses on the following:-
- Identifying potential environmental opportunities and considering their appropriateness for adoption
- Waste reduction and responsible destruction practices
- Re-cycling of materials
- Minimising consumption of energy and other natural resources
- Purchase products which have the least impact on the environment
- Create partnerships with similar minded suppliers
- Maximise the use of e-technology to reduce paper usage throughout our operation