£25-26.5k per annum
Based in Edinburgh or Dunfermline with occasional home working an option.
• Regular contact with a portfolio of existing and new clients
• Weekly, fortnightly, monthly and quarterly bookkeeping including scanning and processing sales and purchase invoices, processing expenses, recording or reconciling bank transactions, preparing payment lists for clients and BACS or banking files for upload.
• Credit control.
• Completing departmental checklists and working papers.
• Completing month end/quarter end account reconciliations.
• Raising and resolving queries with clients. Escalating any issues.
• Completion of wages journals and other month end journals.
• Preparation and review of VAT returns and obtaining review and authorisation to submit.
• Contributing to daily ‘huddles’ and regular departmental team meetings.
• Assisting colleagues with workload and holiday cover when required.
• Have good technical knowledge of VAT rules, CIS and PAYE
• Demonstrate a clear commitment to client service.
• Manage your own workload and identify potential delays.
• Meet or exceed deadlines.
• Good attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
• Positive attitude.
• Be productive in terms of workload while maintaining a high standard of work.
• Excellent communicator, both oral and written.
• Have good practical experience in at least one of the following – Xero, Quickbooks Online and FreeAgent
• Ideally you will have recently completed certification or re-certification.
• Practice experience is preferred although not essential
Please email your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org